Directories & Reports
Willard Airport – Economic Impact Report
We commissioned a report with support from community sponsors to determine the local economic impact of Willard Airport. Key findings:
- Willard Airport has a $74,325,994 annual economic impact, a $204,000 daily impact in the county
- average of 494 passengers per day (38% of passengers are inbound to the region – live outside of central Illinois)
- 560 full-time equivalent jobs are created as a result of the airport, with 233 of those based at Willard
- 23,366 visitors come into the area each year because of the airport – these visitors create 112.8 local jobs
- generates $10.2 million in annual tax receipts, $2.3 million in annual local taxes – more than a third of local taxes ($800,000) goes to schools
Thank you to our report sponsors: Champaign County Association of REALTORS®, Frasca International, Flightstar Corporation, Human Kinetics, Deep Silver Volition, Litania Sports Group, Robeson’s, Inc., Farnsworth Group, City of Champaign, City of Urbana, and Village of Savoy.
2018 Top 15 Employers – Champaign County, Illinois
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||13,934|
|Champaign Unit 4 School District||1,664|
|Urbana School District #116||828|
|City of Champaign||630|
New Americans in Champaign County
The New American Welcome Center at the University Y helps immigrants fully integrate into American society and prepares receiving communities around Champaign County to be welcoming and inclusive.
The following is a customized, quantitative research report produced by data analysts at New American Economy and the New American Welcome Center. It sheds light on the contribution of immigrants to Champaign County’s population, labor force, and economy.
2017 Report (PDF)
Advanced Tech Directory