Directories & Reports
2019 Willard Airport – Economic Impact Report
In a new report measuring the economic impact of the University of Illinois-Willard Airport (CMI) to the region, it was determined that the total estimated annual impact to Champaign County is $99.75M, a 34% increase since 2016. The report provides an analysis of existing air service, possible new air service, and airport non-airline aviation economic activity.
Other key metrics identified in the report include:
- total estimated local job creation or support of 751 full-time employees with $30M in annual payroll, an increase of 34% since 2016;
- total estimated 122 visitors per day, an increase of 91% since 2016; and
- total estimated $14M taxes generated, an increase of 39% since 2016.
In recent data released by the Federal Aviation Administration, there were a total of 109,878 enplanements at Willard Airport in 2018, up 9.73% from 2017.
The report was sponsored by Champaign County Economic Development Corporation, University of Illinois-Willard Airport, Visit Champaign County, City of Champaign, Parkland College, Frasca International, University of Illinois Research Park, Flightstar, and the Champaign County Association of REALTORS®.
2016 Willard Airport – Economic Impact Report
We commissioned a report with support from community sponsors to determine the local economic impact of Willard Airport. Key findings:
- Willard Airport has a $74,325,994 annual economic impact, a $204,000 daily impact in the county
- average of 494 passengers per day (38% of passengers are inbound to the region – live outside of central Illinois)
- 560 full-time equivalent jobs are created as a result of the airport, with 233 of those based at Willard
- 23,366 visitors come into the area each year because of the airport – these visitors create 112.8 local jobs
- generates $10.2 million in annual tax receipts, $2.3 million in annual local taxes – more than a third of local taxes ($800,000) goes to schools
Thank you to our report sponsors: Champaign County Association of REALTORS®, Frasca International, Flightstar Corporation, Human Kinetics, Deep Silver Volition, Litania Sports Group, Robeson’s, Inc., Farnsworth Group, City of Champaign, City of Urbana, and Village of Savoy.
Champaign-Urbana Region Freight Plan
The Champaign-Urbana Region Freight Plan is a project funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation and developed by staff at CUUATS, the transportation program of Champaign County Regional Planning Commission. The goal of the plan is to provide a comprehensive picture of regional freight movements, identify freight stakeholder needs, forecast future freight movement patterns, and propose recommendations that will enhance the movement of both people and goods while mitigating the negative impacts of freight on mobility, safety, environment, and quality of life in the Champaign-Urbana Metropolitan Planning Area (MPA).
The CUUATS Technical and Policy Committees approved the Champaign-Urbana Region Freight Plan on October 16, 2019.
2018 Top 15 Employers – Champaign County, Illinois
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||13,934|
|Champaign Unit 4 School District||1,664|
|Urbana School District #116||828|
|City of Champaign||630|
New Americans in Champaign County
The New American Welcome Center at the University Y helps immigrants fully integrate into American society and prepares receiving communities around Champaign County to be welcoming and inclusive.
The following is a customized, quantitative research report produced by data analysts at New American Economy and the New American Welcome Center. It sheds light on the contribution of immigrants to Champaign County’s population, labor force, and economy.
2017 Report (PDF)
Advanced Tech Directory